What is EMDR?
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, or EMDR, is a powerful psychotherapy technique that helps people who suffer from:
- Trauma (past abuse, accidents, surgeries, losses,)
- Anxiety & panic (worrying, test anxiety, trouble sleeping)
- Disturbing memories (PTSD, Overwhelming fears)
- Other emotional problems (low self esteem, depression, relationship issues)
How does EMDR work?
EMDR therapy uses bilateral stimulation, right/left eye movement, or tactile stimulation, which activates the opposite sides of the brain, releasing emotional experiences that are "stuck” in the nervous system.
What are the benefits of EMDR?
EMDR helps your nervous system resolve & let go of emotional blockages freeing you from painful feelings & negative beliefs. After the release you experience more of a positive & accepting relationship with yourself as well as a sense of ease regarding past traumatic experiences.
- Sleep with more ease
- Feel confident in meeting life’s challenges
- Feel relaxed & no longer triggered by past trauma
- Discover your inner strengths & ability to cope with stress
- Feel motivated to work toward goals