What is Hakomi?
Hakomi is a Hopi term which means, “Where do you stand in relation to the world”
In the Hakomi process we pay attention to the mind and body’s experience in the present moment, becoming aware of the body’s sensations, movements, or changes that arise in order to more fully understand the root of the emotional problem/issue. Together we discover what the body remembers about the origins of the problem and lack of support or nourishment that was needed. By turning your awareness to how the body & mind interface you get to deeply understand the support that was missing, and to transform a limiting sense of self into one that feels whole, accepting , and empowered.
Benefits of Hakomi
- Gain greater self-understanding
- Explore deep levels of emotional healing
- Increase confidence and gain inner strength
- Enhance self and relational awareness
- Find resolve through trauma and wounding
- Discover inner safety and explore freedom of expression
- Learn to make choices that are nourishing and satisfying